Sunday, April 12, 2009

Is Surah Al- Fatihah part of Quran or Prayer taught by Muhammad?



Q: I’m so confused when reading the translation of the surah Al Fatihah because when it is compared to other surah, it is more likely a prayer by a servant to Allah Almighty.

*****

There is no doubt that Al Fatihah is part of the Holy Quran and Allah has clarify it in the Quran.

"We have given you the Seven Verses that are worthy of recitation over and over again and the Glorious Qur'an" [Surah 15:87]

There is no other surah/chapter in the quran which contains seven verse and repeatedly read by Muslim except Surah al- Fatihah. It is being confirmed by hadith which said

Imam Ahmad recorded that Abu Hurayrah said,

The Messenger of Allah went out while Ubayy bin Ka`b was praying and said, (O Ubayy!) Ubayy did not answer him. The Prophet said, (O Ubayy!) Ubayy prayed faster then went to the Messenger of Allah saying,

`Peace be unto you, O Messenger of Allah!'

He said, “Peace be unto you. O Ubayy, what prevented you from answering me when I called you

He said, `O Messenger of Allah! I was praying.'

He said, Did you not read among what Allah has sent down to me, Answer Allah (by obeying Him) and (His) Messenger when he calls you to that which gives you life)

He said, `Yes, O Messenger of Allah! I will not do it again.'

The Prophet said, Would you like me to teach you a Surah the likes of which nothing has been revealed in the Tawrah, the Injil, the Zabur (Psalms) or the Furqan (the Qur'an)

He said, `Yes, O Messenger of Allah!'

The Messenger of Allah said, I hope that I will not leave through this door until you have learned it.

He (Ka`b) said, `The Messenger of Allah held my hand while speaking to me. Meanwhile I was slowing down fearing that he might reach the door before he finished his conversation. When we came close to the door, I said: O Messenger of Allah ! What is the Surah that you have promised to teach me'

He said, What do you read in the prayer.

Ubayy said, `So I recited Umm Al-Qur'an to him.'

He said, By Him in Whose Hand is my soul! Allah has never revealed in the Tawrah, the Injil, the Zabur or the Furqan a Surah like it. It is the seven repeated verses that I was given.'

No comments:

ISLAM UNTUK SEMUA DAN INDAHNYA ISLAM DENGAN DAKWAH

Erti Hidup Dengan Memberi, Erti Bijaksana Dengan Hikmah